MS in Engineering Management
The Clarkson University MS in Engineering Management is a specialized executive education program designed exclusively for high caliber employees in technology and engineering fields to build the critical management skills they need. Developed in conjunction with several corporate partners, the Clarkson MSEM is highly customized to meet the needs of the demanding and evolving industries.
- Coursework focused on project management, quality management, financial management, analytics and business intelligence—as they pertain to technology and engineering-driven organizations.
- Hybrid model that combines online and limited on-site coursework offers great flexibility paired with meaningful in-person experiences. Six residential weekends in NYC are spread across 2 years.
- Learn alongside like-minded technology and engineering focused peers from different industry sectors.
“When I began the Clarkson MSEM program, I was a Quality Assurance Engineer for Dealtrack Technologies and have since moved into the position as Scrum Master for an agile team in the Engineering department. The MSEM program initially grabbed my attention because the curriculum was directly related to part of the business that I had not yet explored. Through finance, project management and business courses, I’ve been given tools to bring to my organization and contribute in a new way. I chose this program based on Clarkson University’s well-respected engineering school and because it felt different than many of the MBA programs that I had researched. The cohort structure of the program at Clarkson makes it easy to connect and build relationships with likeminded students who are also maintaining a full time career. The relationships that I’ve built over the last two years are with people who I otherwise wouldn’t have had the opportunity to connect with. The courses in this program are challenging, yet the professors make an effort to adapt curriculum to topics that are relative to the students work experience. Overall, I’m very happy with my decision to invest in the MESM program and recommend it to those looking to advance their personal growth in the engineering industry.“
– Ali Pritchard, Scrum Master at ITX Corp
“I chose the Clarkson MSEM for its combination of affordability, time to completion, support and the program’s excellent reputation throughout industry. I recently took a job in engineering management and needed a disciplined but flexible approach. I liked the small classes and meeting my classmates to go over material and concepts. I was pleased and surprised that I learned tools and techniques I could use right away. My management team has taken a keen interest in the coursework I’ve done and its applications to our projects.”
– Sean Kelly, Senior Project Manager at Cox Automotive